The Bulldog Beat

Prom Venue Visit

The treehouse (shown at the top of the image) will be one of the main activities students can utilize when they are not dancing.

On Tuesday, October 16th, members of prom committee took a trip to Grand Rapids to view a potential prom destination. Ten committee members, accompanied by Mrs. Siverly ventured around the Grand Rapids Children’s Museum. The purpose of the trip was to discover how well the venue would fit the feel of what the prom committee hopes to bring to the event.

The venue sits in downtown Grand Rapids. Parking for students may be more difficult than it would be if prom was being held closer to Ionia. But, worry not, the prom committee is hard at work to find a solution for all students. There will likely be no real problems that students run into while parking their cars for prom.

The Grand Rapids Children’s Museum will have two levels that students can explore. On the first level, will be the dancing area. Along with the dance floor, some exhibitions from the Children’s Museum will still be available for students to mess around with. This includes a large aquarium, a make-believe shopping center,  and a make-believe hospital area. On the upper level, the students will enjoy their snacks along with more activities that the museum will provide. The staff from the Grand Rapids Children’s Museum will provides tables for the students to sit at. The second floor includes activities such as: bubble blowing, a tree house, a giant lite-brite, and make-believe emergency service vehicles. Because of this, the students will have more options than the usual sit down or dance.

Prom Committee has placed a down payment on this venue, ensuring that this is the place Ionia High School will host their 2018 prom. Now it is time for suggestions for a theme for the dance. Some themes that have been brought up are “Alice in Wonderland”, “Carnival”, and “Midas Touch”. In the meantime, the prom committee will be hard at work planning an event that every single student in attendance will love.