The Bulldog Beat

Ionia Cross Country Overall

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ionia Cross Country Overall

The 2019 Ionia cross country team excelled in many aspects throughout the season. The boys and girls team finished high in the league and had the honor to send a runner to the MHSAA state meet.

Throughout the three league meets, the boys team placed second. Along with this accomplishment, all of the top seven runners finished in an all conference or an honorable mention spot. All conference runners include: Zakk Hensley (6th), Heath LaPointe (8th), Josiah Magley (9th), Nick Brown (11th), and Collin Listerman (15th). The honorable mention runners include: Riley Husted (16th), Vincent Kenyon (21st), and Tyler Esch (25th). On the girls side of things, the team placed second in the league. Accompanying this accomplishment, six girls finished in an all conference or a honorable mention spot. All conference runners include: Allyson Diebel (3rd), Emily Peterson (4th), Jordyn Diebel (9th), Maddie Hanulcik (10th), and Avery Rountree (12th). Honorable mention runners include: Kimberlyn Hollon-Morseau (20th).

At the MHSAA regional meet both teams placed higher than any other team in over six years. The boys placed fifth with a score of 150. The girls team placed seventh with a score of 171. Zakk Hensley placed 12th, qualifying to race at the state meet.