The Bulldog Beat

The Bulldog Wall.

Many students may have noticed the new mural on the second floor.  Before, there was another painting that had handprints on there. Each handprint had sayings written inside of them. One would say “stressed”, another may say “I get beat.”  These handprints and words were put up there by students. The meaning behind the wall is “what is keeping you from being your best?” A Girl Scout troop came in and painted the wall, they then got students from the school to put there handprints up on the wall and tell them what is holding them back from being their best.

The “Wall of shame”, as some would call it, was there for five years. I asked Mr. Tackmann how the wall got changed and he said , “Mr. Lehman and I came in and painted the wall, then Cody Pline (class of 2018) sketched out the original drawing. The Unity and Resilience Club painted it. The wall was mostly done by Heaven Daly.”

The new painting shows a bulldog breaking through a brick wall, there are bricks lying on the grass with negative sayings on them like “bullying” or “abuse.” In the opening of the brick wall, surrounding the bulldog are positive sayings like “confidence” or “caring.” The wall is showing students to break through the negative situations and bring in positive outcomes. Above the bulldog there is a banner which states, “Tough problems don’t last; tough people do.”