The Bulldog Beat

20 Weeks

Senior Year is the biggest year of high school, with the senior skip days, being the top dawg, getting out early and graduating… graduating is going to be one of the happiest days of of our lives, and one of the saddest as well.

Seeing the people we grew up with, the people we share multiple memories with even if you weren’t the best of friends, these people have been there throughout our whole lives. We’ve made friends and we’ve made enemies. We have made good memories and bad. We don’t really think about missing it, we’re just ready to get out and be on our own. But after high school, after we graduate, the people who have been there every day, that one friend you talk to at school every day, the sports, the camps, the class trips, that will all just becomes a memory. Then what? Wake up Monday through Friday for work, probably working with people you don’t even like. The feeling that all you’re really going to do is sit at home and work, doesn’t sound appealing. We will lose friends and we will make new, we’ll make time for friends we were close with and leave the others behind.

After we graduate we are entering a new life, a new world. Open to multiple outcome and many new things. We’ll be on our own, paying bills, fulfilling all our new responsibilities, making decisions guiding our life, becoming who we want to be. We won’t have people to tell us right from wrong.  We’ll just have to know them and respect them.

My senior year isn’t over yet and I’m gonna make the best of it while here.